Types of Information Ociety Collects
The information collected about you depends on how you interact with the Services. Collection and processing of your information are based on different contexts: our performance of a contract, our obligations under law, our legitimate interest in conducting our business, protection of a natural person’s vital interests and/or upon your consent. Ociety may collect the information below, including Personal Information, when you interact with the Services.
Depending on how you interact with the Services, information about you may be collected directly by Ociety or by venues through the Services. This privacy notice only applies to how we handle information we collect and maintain about you. We do not control, and are not responsible for, what venues may or may not do with your information.
- Sign-Up Information: We collect information when you sign up for the Services, such as your phone number and certain information regarding your computer or mobile device (see “Device Information” below). If you sign up via another service or account (e.g., Google or Facebook), then we may also collect your name, User-ID, email address, and photo link).
- Profile Information: We collect information you choose to add to your profile, such as city, country, age range, and gender. We may also collect information from Facebook and Google regarding your Facebook and Google profiles when you log in via those accounts, such as name and email.
- Venue Information: We collect contact information that is associated with a particular venue, including email addresses.
- Venue Waitlist Information: We collect information related to you and your party’s wait for a seat with or entrance into a venue, including occasion (e.g., birthday, anniversary), age range, relationship to venue (e.g., loyalty status), dietary preferences (e.g., vegetarian, vegan, etc.), allergies, and location. If the venue requests, we may ask you to provide vaccination status and/or verification information, such as Quick Response (QR) code.
- Device Information: We collect information related to the device you use to access the Services and to your Internet connection, including device type, advertising IDs and device identifiers, IP address, mobile network information, operating system and version, browser type, referring URLs, and location information (see “Location Information” below).
- Location Information: If you grant access, we may collect your precise location information through the mobile device you use to access the App when the App is running, including in the background.
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on the Services, including searches and views, clicks, deal usage, interactions with advertisements, and any other information you submit to us through the Services.
- User Preferences/Interests: We may collect information about your preferences or interests, such as language preferences and venue preferences (restaurants, cuisine, bars, spending limit, crowds, atmosphere.)
How Ociety Collects Information
We collect this information:
- Directly from You: we collect information that you provide to us when you sign up for and use the Services, provide waitlist and/or reservation information, review a venue, indicate preferences, answer questions on the “Train My AI” page on the App, or correspond with us, such as through email, web forms, or the chat function on the Services. Waitlist and/or reservation information may also be collected from you by venues using the Services.
- From Your Device: we may collect information from the devices you use when you download the App and when you access the Services. This information may be collected through automated means, including through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, scripts, local shared objects (such as HTML5 and Flash), or other similar technologies (“Tracking Technologies”).
- From Third Parties: we may receive information about you or about your use of the Services from third parties, such as our service providers, data analytics providers, advertisers/advertising networks, and the app stores through which you download the App. We may also receive information about you through third-party integrations, such as when you sign up for the Services through your Google, Facebook, or Apple account or otherwise give permission through privacy settings for those services to disclose information to us.
How Ociety Uses Information
We may use your information, including Personal Information, to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Services and our business.
- Communicate with you about the Services on our own behalf or on behalf of venues, including through SMS and/or text messages, telephone calls, push notifications, and emails.
- Process payments.
- Provide you with offers and advertisements from participating venues that may be of interest to you.
- Understand your preferences and make the Services more relevant to you.
- Verify your location in order for you to use a deal.
- Provide you with interest-based advertisements (see Interest-Based Advertising).
- Measure performance of and analyze usage of the Services.
- Protect our rights, our users, and others.
- Provide you with the Services and fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
We may use information about you for other purposes with your consent or where the information is aggregated or de-identified such that the information cannot reasonably be linked to you. Although we describe above our primary purposes in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase or other transaction we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your transaction. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based on different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
On our Services, we or our service providers may collect information about your activities within the Services for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. To opt out of certain interest-based advertising, see Your Privacy Choices.
Disclosures of Information
We may disclose information, including Personal Information:
- At your direction or to enable you to intentionally interact with a venue or other third party.
- To vendors who provide services on our behalf and other third parties we use to support our business and, where required by applicable law, who are bound by contractual obligations with respect to disclosure and use of Personal Information. These vendors are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- To digital advertising and data analytics providers that provide services to us or features on our App or websites, including Google (see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time)).
- To venues that you browse or visit in connection with our Services, but only in aggregated form unless you choose to disclose non-aggregated information to such venues. This non-aggregated information may include waitlist information referenced in Section 1, and User-ID. If you do not want us to share User-ID information with venues you browse or visit, you may opt out through the App privacy settings. If you prefer to not allow venues to message you, you may opt out through the App privacy settings.
- To our parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, which may use the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To law enforcement, regulators, and courts to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe it is necessary to protect our rights, our users, or others, or to investigate suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity.
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets.
We may disclose information about you for other purposes with your consent or where the information is aggregated or de-identified such that the information cannot reasonably be linked to you.
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented an information security program that contains measures designed to secure your Personal Information in our possession or control from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like review boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Your Privacy Choices
- Interest-Based Advertising: You may opt-out of interest-based advertisements by sending us an email at [email protected] and requesting that we do not provide you with interest-based advertising or opting out of interest-based advertising directly through the App. Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you. For more information see Interest-Based Advertising.
- Manage Collection of Location Information: The App will request access to collect your mobile device’s precise location information. You may prevent or limit access to location information through your device settings, but please note that temporary access is required when using a deal.
- Opt Out of Marketing Emails: If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from Ociety, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link in an email at any time.
- Retaining, Deleting, and Accessing Your Personal Information: Typically, we retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to provide you with access to the Services and to otherwise fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. In addition, we may keep your Personal Information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements. The precise periods for which we keep your Personal Information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it.
You can review Personal Information we have collected about you by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request to review or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We will respond to your request as required by applicable law. You may also delete Personal Information we have collected about you by deleting your profile through the App or resetting your profile. However, resetting your profile only deletes information provided after your profile is set up (e.g., App usage information associated with your profile is deleted, however, information you provided to set up the profile is not deleted during reset). Also, we are only able to delete information that we have about you. If you provide venue waitlist information (see Section 1) or otherwise choose to disclose information to a venue through the Services, the venue may also have the information that you provided. If the venue keeps such information outside of the App, we cannot delete or report to you about such information. You must contact the applicable venue about any such information the venue may have about you.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for users under the age of 18. Nor are our Services designed or intended to collect information from persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 18. If you have information that you believe indicates that we have processed information pertaining to a person less than 18 years old, please contact us at [email protected].
California Privacy Rights
- Request Information About Direct Marketing Disclosures: California residents may have the right to request information about disclosures of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at [email protected].
- Request Removal of Your Posts: If you are a California resident under 18 and a registered user of our Services, you may request and obtain the removal of any content or information you have publicly posted to the Services. To make such a request, please email us at [email protected]. Note that a request to obtain such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted.
- Do Not Track Disclosure: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers, which allows you to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT, please see www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
Privacy Notice Updates
You may contact us at [email protected].